Hello. I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce my blog and give further details on its purpose. Vefday is the dawn of gender liberty. Okay I have to admit that it has taken eight years for me to put those words together in a sentence. So I’ve decided to celebrate by way of a brief explanation as to what this day is.
Consider these word meanings.
Sometimes it is hard to understand exactly what is meant by the term gender, and how it differs from the closely related term sex. Sex refers to the biological and physiological characteristics that define being male or female. Gender refers to the socially constructed roles, behaviours, activities, and attributes that a given society considers proper for boys and girls. (World Health Organization)
1. the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority and tradition on one’s way of life, behavior, or views.
2. the power or scope to act and think as one pleases.
1. the first appearance of light in the sky before sunrise.
2. the beginning or rise of something.
3. to begin to be perceived.
4. the dawn of an idea.
Vefday is to do with equality and self-identity and is also about bringing us together. This day can be adopted by any country and has the potential to change opinions in our society. Vefday is a gala event held on the 31st day of October. It’s a unique day and joyous occasion for everyone to be part of where ever they are in the world. If you would like to get involved send an email to the address on contact page.
Creative writing by, Michelle Voynet